Monday, April 25, 2011

Bike got stolen just south of Veracruz Mexico

Just an update from back in Oz I had my bikr stolen as I had broken down on the side of the highway heading south from Veracruz towards San Cristobal de las Casas believe it was a fueling issue so I had the carby off and needed to hitch hike to the nearest servo (gas station) to sort out the carby. I hid the bike on the side of teh hwy out of sight took the carby and my gear with me got a lift in a pick up to a Pemex sorted out the carby and headed back to the bike. when I got back about an hour or so later the bike was gone, so I hitched a ride on a passing bus back to Veracruz and stayed there a few nights deciding what to do and eventually decided to head back to Oz and start planning the next adventure

So not too stressed at the moment got myself a new project in Perth, to cafe racer a 1976 CB400 Four, back to the rat race for a bit then see where this new direction heads, already hooked up with some cool people here in Oz finding inspiration everywhere

see you yanks soon as I will definitely be back don't you worry!

I'll post some pics when I get my camera sorted and I'll put up all the pics from the previous 7 months of travel

1 comment:

  1. Oly, Just got this news...That is so sad you had your bike stolen. What a bummer.
    You are always welcome at my home in NYC.
    Danny with the Wee Strom who you met in Puerto Escondido

    ReplyDelete