Thursday, March 10, 2011

The end of the start

Well I have finally decided to get off my behind and start a blog 7 months into my Americas trip see that a lot of my friends don't have the social network that I have been posting most of my photos on and seeing that I might do a detox from plugging into that matrix but as a traveller it has provided quite a useful tool


Any ways, I'm currently in Knoxville TN being looked after by some amazing people and Eric, Tina and Landon have made me a home away from home here in old town Knoxville


I have travelled back to the States after meeting Tank and Mike  in San Pedro Guatemala who are riding pre 1975 Honda XL trail bikes, and with the help of the close knit community here in Knoxville and specially those of the 555 Club I have found a 1975 XL 350 which I am picking up tonight and then needing to clean out the carby fabricate a rack to hold my rubbish I'll be back on the road south to Guatemala or where ever the whirlwind riders maybe.


I am trying to sell the White Pony which I have spent the last 7 months riding from Portland OR around the west coast of the US and down through Mexico for 4 months and then just over a week in Guatemala then a run back to Tennessee to carry out the crazy idea of the old bike and also to put some cash in the coffers 


Here is a pic of the new, older, beast






and a pic of the old, newer, one 



1 comment:

  1. im enjoying the blog you have going here Damon.
    that sticker on your side panel is tight!

    keep on rolling brother.



    i saw the e-mail about the Fist Full of Baja DVD

    if anyone wants a copy of it. it can be had here:
    copy and paste it.

    http://bamarides.com/baja/a-fist-full-of-baja

    ReplyDelete