Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Heading West

well I hit the road finally and it was good to be on the move again, even though I think I could of stayed in Knoxville indefinitely with thanks to the awesome people there

now I was reminded of the constant stopping on the road, and they will be even more constant on the Honda



The great American roadside


Half way through Mississippi the bike just died and I had to coast to a stop in the middle of a high way, well I said I wanted a bike with some character. I pulled all the luggage off and the tank also and I had a feeling it was a problem with the coil and I thought I'd check it out with the spare one I was carrying back down to Guatemala for Tank. Yep that it was. I put the new coil on and it started second kick and idled like a champ, so I put all the gear back on and kicked up some dirt and headed out westward again 



I ended up in Dallas with some friends of a friend I met in Fayetteville, I was welcomed in to Thu-Ha (pronounced 2-ha) and Sara who amazing creative people. I had been welcomed with open arms and Thu-Ha wanted to add to the coolness of the bike by adding a piece of art work to the side panel

Thu-Ha cutting out a stencil  

the finished product


Rick's Motor Guzzi broke down (charging system turned out not to be grounded) in central Dallas



We parked up to get a feed of burgers and 2 cop cars pulled up next to us but they were just getting burgers also

No comments:

Post a Comment