Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ghost in the Machine

Well the bike is running and having a blast on it, having had a big help from Tim at Cycle Stop and Glenn, had the bike on the bike on teh dyno after having issues with the stock carby, and after a day of mucking around Tim comes into the dyno room with a carby off of a huge Harley and it fits so on she goes. we had to take the accelerator pump off as it was over kill






I have taken her for short rides and I took one yesterday in intermittent rain and of course it died at a set of traffic lights a fair way from home, lucky it was near a liquor store! I asked the guys at the store for some tools and we got a basic kit out of a Landcruiser but I couldn't get to the carby with the tools so I had to ask for back up (I now will be carrying tools on her at all times!!) Lance came and grabbed me after shooting off an email from Starfucks coffee place and a few other emails also cheers Glenn and Eric


Exert from Erics email:

 Eric 
To 'Damon', 'michael fairman', Jasson Tankersly, Glenn C
Welcome to the 555.  Mind if I send this to everyone?  Whoops, already did………….

From: Damon [mailto:olyflyer@hotmail.com] 
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:28 PM
To: Eric 
Subject: Re:

No but you can have the DVD, the music is Boards of Canada

I'm broken down out west without tools on Kingston Pike and Newcom Ave know any one who could help out, I'm holed up in Starbucks waiting out the rain

Oly

Sent from my iPod

On 15/03/2011, at 14:23, "Eric" wrote:
Hey, is your buddy’s vid of Baja uploaded anywhere?  And what’s the music in that vid?

Eric 


I think the problem was a kinked fuel hose we shall see today as I go for another ride 

No comments:

Post a Comment